Cosmetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Pietro Gentile, MD., PhD. is Associate Professor of Plastic and reconstructive surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
He is Top Italian Scientist (TIS) with H-index > 31 according to scholar
2014/2018 – Chair of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Catholic University “Our Lady of Good Counsel” of Tirana,
2018/2021 – Researcher of type B, in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, at University of Rome Tor Vergata
On August the 1st 2012 has been appointed by Censis as medical scientific supervisor of the research “Opportunità e possibilità di sviluppo della medicina rigenerativa nel Lazio” (Opportunity and possibility of regenerative medicine development in Lazio).
Technical Consultant in Rome Trial Court for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
He was Secretary of the Monitoring Committee of the Project “Indagine conoscitiva, comparativa fra Lazio ed altre regioni italiane sui fattori che influenzano negativamente la donazione d’organo da cadavere nel Lazio e sul fabbisogno di pelle e cartilagine e di banche staminali nel Lazio” (Cognitive and comparative survey among Lazio and others Italian Regions on negative influencing factors on cadaver organ transplants in Lazio and on requirements for skin and cartilage and stem cells banking in Lazio).
- Clinical study to evaluate parameters that influence adipose tissue engraftment with Lipostructure procedure.
- Clinical and In vitro application of platelet gel and growth factors in the form of Platelet Rich Plasma mixed to adipose tissue grafts in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery and evaluation of PRP efficacy in Adipose Derived Stem Cells proliferation.
- In vivo and In vitro study of PRP application in Maxillofacial Surgery and evaluation of his efficacy in bone healing.
He participated to the University Scientific Research project sponsored in 2008 titled: “Autologous adipose tissue graft: in vivo and in vitro validation new protocols for engraftment enhancing”.
Fellow Research at University of Rome Tor Vergata (from July the 1st 2013).
Enabled Full Professor (I grade) in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Enabled Associate Professor (II grade) in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Phd in Regenerative Surgery at University of Rome Tor Vergata with the thesis “Application of derived stromal vascular stem cells and growth factors in Regenerative Surgery”. XXIV Cycle.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, summa cum laude at University of Rome Tor Vergata. Thesis titled: “New frontiers in Regenerative Surgery: use of platelet gel and growth factors in adipose tissue grafting”.
Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) in Medicine and Surgery at Rome Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, with a final grade of 110/110.
Author of “Regenerative plastic surgery“, published by Nova Medicine and Health (2021)
Author of “Alopecia, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Impact on Quality of Life“, published by Nova Medicine and Health (2020)
Author of “Chirurgia plastica rigenerativa” (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery), published by Società Editrice Universo (SEU), 2015. ISBN 9788865151129
Co-author of “Il tessuto adiposo” (Adipose tissue), published by Monduzzi. ISBN 9788865210758
Co-author of the manual and DVD “IMPLANTOLOGIA OSTEOINTEGRATA EXTRAORALE ED EPITESI IN SILICONE PER LA RICOSTRUZIONE DELLA FACCIA” (Extra-oral craniofacial endosseous implants and silicon epitheses in Maxillofacial Surgery)
Author, co- author and corresponding author of 77 scientific publications
Organizational skills and capabilities
He was speaker and organizing committee member of the following events:
- December 11th/13th 2014 | “Sixth International Congress of Regenerative Surgery”, in which participated, among the others, 50 international speakers from all over the world
- December 12th/14th 2013 | “Fifth International Congress of Regenerative Surgery”
- December 13th/15th 2012 | “Fourth International Congress of Regenerative Surgery”
- December 14th/16th 2011 | “Third International Congress of Regenerative Surgery”
- October 28th/30th 2010 | “Second International Congress of Regenerative Surgery”
- December 8th/11th 2009 | “First International Congress of Regenerative Surgery” at University of Rome Tor Vergata.